A/R: Mother and daughter found lifeless after being ‘electrocuted’ in bathroom


A man made a grim discovery on Wednesday when he found his 34-year-old wife and two-year-old daughter lying lifeless in the bathroom of their Brofoyedu home, near Kumasi in the Ashanti region.

Paulina Oppong and her daughter, Christabel Kumi were confirmed dead by medics after they were rushed to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) in Kumasi.

Mr Samuel Kumi, husband and father of the two respectively, had told the police that electricity supply to the house was immediately disconnected after he heard an unusual noise in the bathroom.

He went to the scene and saw his wife and daughter lying unconscious while water from the shower poured on them.

He later raised an alarm and reported the matter to the police.

Sympathizers and neighbours who heard the shocking news had been pouring into the family home in the Atwima Kwanwoma District to console him.

Bodies of the deceased had been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital morgue.

Autopsy will be conducted on the remains as police investigate the case.

“Experts will be invited to examine wiring of the house,” an officer who was at the scene told Dailymailgh.com.

By Jonathan Ofori, Daily Mail GH

Email Daily Mail GH: stories@dailymailgh.com or
Whatsapp: +233(0)509928122


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here