President Nana Akufo-Addo will appear first on the ballot for the 2020 elections, after balloting was done at the Electoral Commission in Accra on Tuesday.
He will be followed by the flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama.
Below is the order of the parties on the ballot
- NPP – Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo – New Patriotic Party
- NDC – John Dramani Mahama – National Democratic Congress
- GUM – Christian Kwabena Andrews of the Ghana Union Movement
- CPP – Ivor Kobina Greenstreet of the Convention People’s Party
- GFP – Madam Akua Donkor of the Ghana Freedom Party
- GCPP – Henry Herbert Lartey of the Great Consolidated Popular Party
- APC – Hassan Ayariga of the All People’s Congress
- LPG – Kofi Akpaloo of the Liberal Party of Ghana
- PNC – David Apasera of the People’s National Convention
- PPP – Brigitte Dzogbenuku of the Progressive People’s Party
- NDP – Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings of the National Democratic Party
- Independent candidate
Before the ballot
The Electoral Commission (EC) on Monday disqualified five presidential hopefuls ahead of the 2020 elections.
Speaking at a press conference in Accra, the chairperson of the EC, Jean Mensa, said the five breached certain electoral regulations regarding the filing of the forms.
The five were:
1. Kofi Koranteng
2. Marricke Kofi Gane
3. Akwasi Odike (United Progressive Party)
4. Kwesi Busumburu (People’s National Party)
5. Agyenim Boateng (United Front Party)
Cases that bother on allegations of forgery of signatures and manufacturing of endorsees will be forwarded to the Police Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for further probe.
Meanwhile, the EC explained that the GHS100,000 filing fee will be refunded to the said candidates in line with the rules surrounding the process.
Source: Daily Mail GH