K’si: Man ‘unknowingly’ burns genitals with battery acid while performing ablution in public toilet


A routine trip to the toilet turned nasty for one man when he suffered burns around his genitals while performing ablution.

Tijani Ayuba, 40, had gone to the facility located within the Central Business District of Kumasi at about 10 a.m., Friday where the unlikely tale happened.

Tijani, who is known for performing ablution after attending nature’s call spotted and picked one of the ablution cans packed at the facility for the Islamic ritual.

Victim upon completion poured out the content in the can to wash his genitals, thinking it contained an ordinary water, a police statement read.

However, he was met with severe burns and was rushed to the emergency ward at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) for treatment.

Investigations revealed that the ablution can was found to have contained battery acid, with a concentrated solution of Sulphuric acid which was “negligently” left at the facility.

Police at the Manhyia Division have since arrested two toilet cleaners for questioning. They have been named as Pebire Asampana, 50, and Kofi Dacamna, 35, police sources say.

When questioned, both suspects claimed that the acid was used for cleaning purposes on the toilet. The police said the suspects could face court for negligently causing harm.

Tijani, who has been a cobbler at the Central Market for decades was found in a stable condition when police visited him at the KATH.

He is reported to have sustained skin burns around his genitals, thighs and right hand.The ablution can has been retrieved as exhibit by the police for further investigations.


Email Daily Mail GH: stories@dailymailgh.com or
Whatsapp: +233(0)509928122


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here