Marwako apologizes, settles medical bills of ‘food poisoning’ victims

0

Marwako restaurant has issued an apology after a suspected food poison outbreak left some of its customers hospitalized.

There has been widespread uproar after some diners complained of falling ill after buying food at their East Legon branch in Accra.

But managers of the fast-food eatery say they have taken full responsibility for the harm caused and indicated that the company will foot medical bills of affected customers.

A Public Relations Officer of Marwako, Amin Lamptey said: “We visited some of our customers at the hospital and those who were discharged, we visited them at home. We assisted some of them with their hospital bills. The main thing started on Saturday and Sunday evening. We have accepted everything, and we have apologized to the victims.”

Ghana’s FDA has shut down the Marwako restaurant as it opens a full-blown investigation into an alleged food poisoning at the popular eating place in the nation’s capital.

According to the FDA, the action was taken after a series of complaint on social media came to its attention about suspected food poisoning.

“We have closed down the restaurant and together with other relevant agencies, started investigations. We wish to assure the public that the issue would be thoroughly investigated and appropriate actions are taken,” the FDA tweeted on Thursday (12 May).

The FDA added that it will ensure the strict implementation of its protocols to prevent any further harm to the public.

SOURCE: NEWS AGENCIES

GOT A STORY?
Email Daily Mail GH: stories@dailymailgh.com or
Whatsapp: +233(0)509928122


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here