US House of Representatives speaker, Nancy Pelosi, has arrived in the capital Accra on Sunday with her congressional delegation.
They were met by the US Ambassador to Ghana, Stephanie S. Sullivan and Ghana’s Speaker of Parliament, Prof. Mike Aaron Oquaye together with the minority leader Haruna Iddrisu.
The Congressional delegation to Ghana will hold high-level discussions with Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo, Speaker Oquaye and other senior government officials.
Speaker Pelosi will also deliver an address to the Ghanaian Parliament on Wednesday.
The delegation will pay respects at Cape Coast, Elmina Castles and the “Door of No Return,” to observe the 400th Anniversary of the First Enslaved Africans Landing in America.
The Members of the Congressional delegation are:
- Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- House Majority Whip James Clyburn
- Congressman John Lewis, Ways & Means Committee
- Congressman Bobby Rush, Energy & Commerce Committee
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, Budget Committee, Homeland Security Committee and Judiciary Committee
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Appropriations Committee and Budget Committee
- Congresswoman Yvette Clarke, Energy & Commerce Committee and Homeland Security Committee
- Congressman Hank Johnson, Judiciary Committee and Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- Congresswoman Marcia Fudge, Agriculture Committee, Education & Labor Committee and House Administration Committee
- Congresswoman Karen Bass, Foreign Affairs Committee and Judiciary Committee
- Congresswoman Terri Sewell, Intelligence Committee and Ways & Means Committee
- Congresswoman Frederica Wilson, Education & Labor Committee and Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- Congresswoman Joyce Beatty, Financial Services Committee and Joint Economic Committee
- Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, Budget Committee, Education & Labor Committee and Foreign Affairs Committee
Source: Daily Mail GH