Another fire which broke out in the Central Business District of Adum in Kumasi has been contained, the Ghana National Fire Service said on Saturday.
The fire gutted a kiddie shop, near the Adum Clinic, destroying products running into thousands of Ghana Cedis.
Fire crew rushed to the scene to douse the flame which is the second in the Adum area this weekend.
On the spot investigations revealed a lighted incense close to some petroleum products sparked the fire, trapping the owner of the stall who sustained minor injuries after a rescue operation.
“Two of our officers were returning from a programme to the fire station and saw smoke emanating from the stall. So they enquired from the owner who told them that he had experienced a fire and that he had managed to put it out. The officers who were not convinced quickly called our mobilizing control room which dispatched the tender to the fire scene to manage the fire and totally extinguish it”, D.O III Peter Osei Addai told Accra-based Asaase Radio.
“The content of the stall which are baby clothes were partially burnt by the fire…The owner of the stall also sustained minor injuries in the process”, the fire spokesperson said.
Regional Fire Commander, ACFO Henry Giwa is worried the public are not adhering to the continuous education on fire safety protocols.
Adumhene Baffour Agyei Kesse IV, who visited the affected area, admonished the tenants to adhere to fire education and sensitization tips.
SOURCE: NEWS AGENCIES