A massive campaign has been launched to get the ruling New Patriotic Party, NPP, to settle on Kwabena Frimpong as the party’s Deputy Youth Organizer, days after delegates elected new officers at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Prominent voices have been holding talks with the national leaders to consider Frimpong, affectionately called ‘Suarez’, as they race with time to pick deputy national officers by appointment, sources familiar with this development have told dailymailgh.com.
Some party members, some of whom are constituency officers, are already on social media platforms, making a strong case for Frimpong to be part of the Stephen Ntim-led executives.
“Over the years, you have continuously worked hard to ensure that you achieve your goal. Your sustained hard work has contributed to the victory of Stephen Ntim, the National Chairman. From a distance, I have always admired you for the spirit, commitment and endurance demonstrated over the years ensuring that the mission of Chairman Ntim is achieved. May Allah bless and guide you and our Chairman for the period of the mandate and beyond”, said Abdul Rauf Zini, the Constituency Secretary for Sissala West.
“Kwabena Frimpong the man Suarez you do all, I know my chairman will reward you for your good work…..Chairman Ntim wonkwa so our good God will bless your reign….we will support you with our blood to break the eight together, in fact, I’m so happy to be part of making this history with you”, Gifas Appiagyei, the Techiman North Constituency Chairman also wrote.
Dr. Asenso Okyere, is Patron of the NPP’s Tertiary Students Confederacy (TESCON), Techiman campus of the Valley View University. He believes that Kwabena Frimpong has served well in the party and “I know the party will reward him for his good work”.
“Verily I say unto you, Kwabena Frimpong aka Suarez is very affable as far as humanity is concerned. We pray Good heads will prevail to consider him as a deputy national youth Organizer. His responsible relationship with most of the youth wings makes him a pivot to rejuvenate, reorganise and in the whole rebrand the youth front. My fervent prayers are for you”, said Samuel Corzer a member of the NPP in the Asutifi South Constituency.
Who is Kwabena Frimpong?
Kwabena Frimpong is a known New Patriotic Party communicator and has held several positions within the ruling party.
Check out some of the key positions he has held as a student leader and an NPP activist:
- Sports Prefect and House 4 Section Leader, Dr H. S. Bannerman JSH- Accra
- SRC Literary Group President, Juaben SHS – 2005
- Ghana United Nations Students and Youth Association, Ashanti Regional Vice President(2004/2005)
- Ghana United Nations Students and Youth Association, Juaben SHS Branch President(2004/2005)
- Leadership International Treasurer, Juaben SHS- 2005
- Students Representative Council (SRC) President, Pantang Nursing and Midwifery Training School – (2008 – 2009)
- School Christian Fellowship Secretary, Pantang Nursing And Midwifery Training School (2007 to 2009)
- A Member of the Oversight Committee For Greater Accra Health Training Institutions(GAHTI), 2009
- Facility Head, Anitemfe Health Centre -(2011 to 2015)
- General Secretary, Mental Health Students Association of Ghana, Kintampo College of Health and Well Being – 2015/2016
- National President, Federation of NPP Youth( 2015 Until Date)
- National Secretary, United Patriots Of NPP( 2016 until Date )
- Founder, National NPP YOUTH FOR NTIM – (2017 until date)
- General Secretary, Kumasi Youth Association(KuYA), 2015 until date.
- NPP Communications Team Member
- Deputy National Coordinator for Stephen Ntim 2018 Campaign
- Social Media Coordinator for Ntim 2018
- National TESCON Coordinator and Youth Campaign, Ntim 2022 Campaign
- Deputy Communications Director Ntim 2022(In charge of Social Media)
- Member, MP’s Constituency Collation Center- Manhyia North, 2012 & 2016
- Member, Constituency Campaign Team, Effiduase-Asokore, 2020
- Social Media Coordinator For Hon Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu(Suame Constituency), Hon Dr. Nana Ayew Afriye(Effiduase Asokore Constituency), Hon Abena Osei-Asare(MP, Atiwa East Constituency), et aL
SOURCE: DAILY MAIL GH